Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What's going on?

Something is happening right now. Something that is bigger than you or me. People are dealing with some extremely tough things: pain, suffering, death, baggage, school, family, financial needs, spiritual needs, spiritual droughts, spiritual attacks... the list could go on. There are people who I know and see every day that are dealing with things that are often beyond our control. 

Personally, I am feeling like God is really tugging at my heart. He wants me to open myself up and fully lay my life down at his feet. I feel God moving in me. Little stories, devotions, songs, sermons, and Psalms often move me to tears because they are hitting this little part of my heart that longs to know Jesus more and be a better disciple, but moments later I can be as hard as a rock and as stubborn as a mule not showing any emotion and not letting Jesus or other people in. In the moments of tears and longing I feel closer to God than ever and right then I feel like I nothing could stop me from living for Jesus and walking like Him. Minutes later I will feel fear and shame and not feel bold enough to even say that I attend a Christian university. 

What is going on?

I have friends who are fighting the evils of their past because for some reason Satan has brought them back. I have friends who struggle making ends meet because there is not a consistent and well paying job in their reach...but why not...she has a Master's degree everyone should be begging her to work for them. I have friends who are just at a hard place in life and do not know which way to go from where ever they are. 

What is going on?

I don't know what to do or say. Maybe this doesn't hit home with you...maybe it does. I realize that there is nothing new under the sun and that everyone struggles with different things, but never have I been right in the midst of so much pain, stress, and struggle. Never have I honestly thought that things are genuinely bad right now. I just have a feeling that something bigger is going on and its real folks. I suppose all we can do is pray. Pray that it is God moving through His people making them stronger. Pray that the devil does not find a foot hold in the weakness of one of God's children. Pray that the stronger brothers and sisters will help lift up their family. Pray to the only one who can overcome these obstacles and ask that the ones who cannot will lean on Him. 

Psalms 3

Oh LORD, how my adversaries have increased!
Many are rising up against me.
Many are saying of my soul,
"There is no deliverance for him in God" Selah.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
I was crying to the LORD with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
I wil not be afraid of ten thousands of people.
Who have set themselves against me round about.
Arise, O LORD, save me, O my God!
For you have smitten all my enemies on the cheek; 
You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.
Salvation belongs to the LORD;
Your blessing be upon Your people! Selah.

Salvation belongs to the Lord.




No comments: